Monday, August 28, 2006

NYC here we come!

After much hand wringing and gnashing of teeth at the inefficiency of the scheduling system my boyfriend is required to use, we finally got notice of his working schedule for September. I was fully expecting that he was going to have to work on our NYC weekend but lo and behold, we actually caught a break and the ONLY weekend he has off is the weekend we're headed to NYC!

Plane tickets reserved. Check.
Hotel reservation in Soho. Check.
Dinner reservation at Babbo. Check.

Now I just need to go shopping for some clothes to wear. Seriously, I've got NOTHING in my closet that would be even halfway fashionable to wear in Autumn in New York. Time to get going! (and yes, I'm aware that I could do some shopping there, but frankly the prices here are so much better as to make shopping there a very large waste of money... Money I'd rather spend on Illy coffee or Broadway Panhandler or the Apple Store Soho...

Me SO excited!

4 Comments:

At 2:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, planning travelling and vacation for two...so much fun, no? *LOL*

Glad to hear you're getting your birthday wish :) Looking forward to hearing how your dinner goes!

 
At 1:27 a.m., Blogger connie said...

Autumn in New York is wonderful. I would say hit the sample sales, but I'm not sure that they offer many for men!

But if you're going to go to an Apple store, go to the new midtown flagship on Madison. It's open 24 hours, and the design is very I.M. Pei.

 
At 9:28 a.m., Blogger virtuallyeric said...

Hey Matt! Yeah, travel planning is fun! Thankfully, my boyfriend does most of the planning and I just have to show up! :)

Hey Connie, we're going to head to Century 21 for some good shopping times - should be a blast! Looking forward to some deals for sure!
The flagship store is actually the Fifth Avenue one, just one block west of Madison. :-)

 
At 9:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have loads of fun, and when you come back, we'll do dinner and you can show off some of your new clothes :-D
Dying to hear what it's like to eat at Babbo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home