Saturday, September 02, 2006

RCE: Heat and The Nasty Bits: Food Pairing!

You didn't think that just because we were reading memoirs regarding two celebrity chefs this month that don't actually include recipes that I was going to leave you out in the cold, did you? Of course not!

A little hunting and digging on the web has brought you four recipes to attempt - one fairly straightforward and the other a little more involved. Two each from Mario Batali's Babbo Restaurant and two from Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook. All look absolutely amazing and I really do hope you give at least one of these a try. Remember to take a picture if you can and post it to a site for us to take a look at (or email it to me and I'll just pop it up on Blogger's system).

Babbo Ristorante
Bucatini All'Amatriciana
Pumpkin Lune with Butter and Sage


Les Halles
Boeuf Bourgignon
Moules Mariniere

(Please note that all copyrights for all recipes and names remain those of the owner, not of this site - if anything goes wrong with the recipe, blame them - not me.)

Podcasts
Just so you have something to listen to whilst you're cooking up these little treats, I dug up these podcasts for you!

Podcast with Bourdain
Radio Show with Bill Buford
Buford on McGee on NPR

Reading
And finally, some things to read as you wait for your dishes to be ready...

An interview with Anthony Bourdain on Bookslut
An interview with Bill Buford on NPR
A review of Heat on NPR
A review of Heat on Slate


Finally, I don't know if anyone's noticed yet but I've just opened the Amazon.com Read.Cook.Eat. Bookstore (link on the right below my profile). This month's books and a few other niceties are listed there for purchase either here or somewhere else. My intention is just to provide a nice little place for some culinary inspiration, not to actually make profit. For the one person who did actually make a purchase through one of my links, THANKS!!! I'm not ever expecting to make any money, more that I can provide a service to some of our readers who don't have such available access to great bookstores and shopping experiences.

6 Comments:

At 1:47 a.m., Blogger connie said...

I've started the Amatriciana, and the Bourgignon is bubbbling away on the stove as I type!

 
At 10:31 a.m., Blogger virtuallyeric said...

Hey Connie, I can't WAIT to see what they look like - I love the Amatriciana thing and Bourgignon is one of the very first dishes I ever learned to cook so I can't wait to see what these recipes are like!

 
At 12:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your store is definitely cool. I'd like to recommend a CD for it: Tourist, by St. Germaine. It's got such a great, upbeat rhythm, even a chronically poor dancer like myself can't help but start moving to the beat in the kitchen.

 
At 11:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched my taped copy of the final episode of Hell's Kitchen. I don't think the person who won deserved it, mainly because I think the person who won lacked talents which I think can only be learned to a degree, whereas the person who lost did so because she lacked certain skills which IMO are easier to learn.

Just my $0.02 (no real cash value *LOL*)

 
At 6:53 a.m., Blogger cv said...

Thanks a lot for the Podcasts..very helpful


Head Chef CV

 
At 3:45 a.m., Blogger Naturo Grow said...

I would like to know more information because it is very nice, thanks for sharing.
READY TO EAT FOOD IN CORONAVIRUS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home