Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summerlicious!

Summerlicious. Yes, its that time of year again when we all dial and redial and redial again ~ all in an effort to get a reservation at some of Toronto's best and best known restaurants. We're not talking the newest of the new, but perhaps some of the finest dining we have on offer.

This year, that extends to 130 restaurants with $20 lunches and $35 dinners (with a few lower priced exceptions thrown in there). I had one or two places in mind that I'd like to eat at but had completely forgotten until today that the reservation lines were open! Thanks to Sam at Becks&Posh who somehow triggered my memory, I looked up the website, downloaded a few sample menus and made my selections. A few short minutes later I had made two reservations and was disappointed to find that my final selection was actually booked solid. So, my boyfriend and I (pending his availability from his employer) will be dining on July 18th at Centro and July 25th at Truffles at the Four Seasons. The menus are described thusly:

Centro

Appetizer
Crab & avocado salad, baby arugula & citrus vinaigrette
or
Orecchiette pesto with smoked chicken & crumbled goat cheese

Entree
Peppered tilapia filet, tomato, caper, & black olives with lemon mash
or
Oven roasted Australian lamb loin, ratatouille vegetables & mint aioli

Dessert
Vanilla bean panna cotta, berry compotes
or
Strawberry sorbet shortcake


Truffles

Appetizer
Watermelon Gazpacho, White Balsamic Granite
or
Grilled Asparagus and Summer Bean Salad, Deviled Quail Eggs

Entree
Pan Seared Rainbow Trout, Truffled Sweet Corn & Clam Chowder
or
Grilled Hanger Steak, Warm Potato and Pancetta Salad, Horseradish Creme Fraiche

Dessert
Rosemary Panna Cotta, Grilled Peaches, Vanilla Mascarpone
or
Chilled Blueberry Parfait, Minted Blueberry Mojito Sauce

I have a good idea of what I'd like to have at each meal, but I may just surprise myself and have something different. I'll be sure to try and snap some photos of the meals but don't hate me if I'm too shy to whip out the camera - it could make for an interesting evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home