Monday, June 26, 2006

Little nibblies...

I've been collecting some interesting quick little bits of intel from different sources and rather than round them up on something like del.icio.us or something, I'll link to them now and again on here so that everyone can find them...

First, thanks to Pat for sending the link to the George Brown College Food and the Media certificate program. This is exactly what I've been looking for with regards to getting training for food styling. They are holding their next information night on Tuesday August 29, 2006 - I'll definitely be attending.

Second, thanks to Maki for pointing out this link to Nudo ~ several groves of olive trees in Tuscany need adopting and Nudo makes it happen. For 65 pounds a year plus shipping and postage you get the product of your tree for the year, including organic oil in the spring and soaps and more oils in the autumn. Not bad if you're into that kind of thing (and if you're not, you're SO on the wrong page here! ;-) The site is pretty cute, well-designed and even has a map and photographs of the trees available for adoption.

Third, I've got some older posts on my other blog, Virtualzen, about cooking and things. I'm thinking to import them here if there's enough interest. Drop a comment line and let me know if you'd like to read them (seeing that Virtualzen isn't really everyone's cup of tea, there's full warning here that I am VERY candid about my life and use language that may not be suitable for all readers or workplaces).

2 Comments:

At 10:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! They don't ship outside of the EU! Doh! If I had the money, I'd love to get my hands on that!

 
At 9:03 p.m., Blogger virtuallyeric said...

That really doesn't do us any good, now does it?? Nudo! Give us some North American love! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home