Wednesday, July 19, 2006

LA Times - From East to West

Just to be fair, I'd like to also let you know that I also really love the LA Times Food Section. Its nearly impossible to find the LA Times here in Toronto (if you know where I can find it, please let me know!) compared to the NYTimes, so I tend to just read the articles online. Yes, like almost ALL newspapers these days, they will require you to register to read the content. I used to have a major problem with this, but what the heck - just make sure you sign the "do not contact me" bit and you'll never recieve a bit of spam.

Anyway, I've found a few nifty little links there that I'd thought I'd share...

Quick Fix Video Gallery
If you're not feeling the "Read.Cook.Eat." love and would rather feel some "Watch.Cook.Eat." love, check out these video recipes. Complete with enticing descriptions, pretty good photography, full recipes with shopping list and game plan - never mind your choice of video in Quicktime or Real, you really can't go wrong. And its great for people like me who don't have FoodTV on cable (but only until Autumn when we get digital cable, right honey? :-) and need a foodie fix.

A fresh dip into the life of the party
Talk about great timing! I've been getting into dips lately - making Roasted Red Pepper and White Bean, Hummus and a Pesto Hummus in the last week - and I'm looking for some new, kinda-no-cook recipes to help beat the heat. Lo and behold, I find that the LA Times has published this article about the history of and updating dips. Enjoy!!

HOT LIST
Perhaps most appropriately for a blog based on reading, cooking and eating; the Times also publishes a list of the hottest food/cooking/chef related books. This week we have Heat, The Nasty Bits, My Life in France, Garlic and Sapphires (our Read.Cook.Eat. bookclub selection for August) and Barefoot Contessa Family style rounding out the top 5.

Hope you get a kick out of the reading as much as I do!

2 Comments:

At 12:05 p.m., Blogger xtinehlee said...

Ooh. Nasty Bits. I bought that while I was at Hedgebrook--that's next on my list of food reading.

 
At 12:51 p.m., Blogger virtuallyeric said...

I was thinking of posting a list of next reading choices (namely Heat, Nasty Bits, My Life in France, Sunday Suppers at Lucques or The World is a Kitchen (which I thought somewhat appropriate considering the multi-cultural slant of Muffin-Top).
Perhaps Nasty Bits will be required reading as well? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home